Omaha springs turn into sweltering summers. But that doesn’t mean you have to deal with it. Before summer gets here, you should consider switching to a high efficiency air conditioner. You don’t want to get caught without a working AC system in the heat of the season. Getzschman Heating & Cooling explains why upgrading to a high-efficiency air conditioning system this summer is worth the investment.
Energy Costs Dwindle
Since your air conditioner is the biggest consumer of energy in your home, it means it is probably one of most expensive pieces of equipment in your home when it comes to energy bills. Newer, high-efficiency systems can help lower your energy costs, though. They come in a variety of options and prices. We suggest choosing one with a high Seasonal Energy Efficiency Rating, or SEER. A rating of 14 or greater is usually sufficient to see more savings.
Tip: This year the United States Department of Energy instituted SEER rating standards changes across the country. Check our G-Force blog post that covers all the details on the new SEER rating standards for heating and cooling systems.
Less Maintenance Required
High-efficiency air conditioners also have a track record for requiring less maintenance and fewer repairs, which also saves you money down the road. Since they are more efficient at running, high-efficiency systems tend to take on less stress, giving them a longer operating life, as well. For you, this means less untimely breakdowns and maintenance calls.
Be More Comfortable in Your Home
The more efficient your system is, the better it will be at keeping your home comfortable, which is always worth the investment. High-efficiency AC systems allow for more consistent airflow and fewer temperature swings. This means you’ll be comfortable in your home, no matter what room you are in.
To keep your air conditioning in tiptop shape this season, call the Omaha air conditioning replacement experts at Getzschman Heating & Cooling at 402-554-1110 . Our talented team can take care of your air conditioning repair.
Omaha summers are something to be reckoned with. Nebraska doesn’t joke around when it comes to heat and humidity, so make sure your air conditioning system doesn’t either. You want a system that will withstand the elements and keep your home and family comfortable. If you often find that your system isn’t performing, you need to get to the root of the problem to figure out if it just needs some help or needs to be replaced. Getzschman Heating & Cooling uncovers the top AC problems we see and explains why they’re happening.
Problem: Your Unit Isn’t Cooling Your Home Properly
Reason: Is your home too balmy for your liking, or do you find that parts of your home aren’t cooling off like they should? Your air conditioner could have one of a handful of problems.
- Check to see if your refrigerant is low or leaking. Your system won’t be able to cool the air in your home without it. And you can’t just fill your system with more. If your system experiences this, you need a professional HVAC technician to assess the issue and mend the leak.
- Make sure your thermostat has full batteries, and that your settings are correct if you have a programmable thermostat. People often forget to replace batteries in their thermostat and end up wasting money on a service call.
- Are your air filters filthy? Clogged up air filters make it difficult for your system to distribute the cooled air throughout your home and can even cause a system shutdown.
Problem: Your Air Conditioning System Isn’t Powering On
Reason: The first warm days of the season are upon us, and air conditioners are turning on all over Omaha. If you find that your system won’t power up, make sure to check for the following things.
- Are your thermostat settings correct? If you have a programmable thermostat, your settings might not be set for the warmer weather yet. Make sure it set to cool, not heat. You can reprogram your thermostat to turn on during certain parts of the day and to turn off during others. Read this article to find out more about how to use a programmable thermostat to make your home more comfortable.
- Is the evaporator coil in your air conditioner dirty or frozen? Either scenario is not a good one. Try cleaning your coil of dust and debris or frost, Make sure to turn the system off and let it thaw completely before turning it on again. If that doesn’t do the trick, it may need to be replaced, and in that case it might be time to just invest in a new air conditioning system altogether. Evaporator coils are very costly to replace.
The best way to safeguard your system from having problems is to invest in annual maintenance of your air conditioner. Regular AC tune-ups will keep your system humming and healthy for much longer. Call Getzschman Heating & Cooling at 402-554-1110 today to schedule your spring tune-up for your air conditioner.